Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Garden Journal

For years, I've kept a journal with a little weather, planting, and harvesting info, and I've been wishing I had a place for pictures, so this year I'm going to blog my journal.

We had plenty of cold weather early this year, with quite a few snows, although they didn't make mounds of snow.  It seems like spring in getting a slow start.  But on the west side of the house, my early bulbs are blooming.

The pink ones next to these are nearly done already. Hyacinth's smell beautifully.


These "dutch iris" as we always called them are some of the earliest flowers out.  I got my start from Mom.


Grape Hyacinth are spreading all over the place!


The round area of the flower garden, hasn't been cleaned out yet, and the daffodils are just starting to bloom.


I love the color of these little scilla.  They are also called wild hyacinth.  They don't spread too quickly.


So far, I've had one cleaning out day outside, and cleaned out the strip at the west side of the house, and the little piece where the bushes are by the driveway.  It is has been cooler, cloudy and windy, and I don't like to go out and work on those days.

No comments: