Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4. 2013

We didn't plant a great variety or much of anything.  I picked the first spinach a week ago and chopped it into my soup.  This was my harvest today.  The peas and peppers went into stirfry, some of the pepper and the swiss chard went into soup.  The beets are for tomorrow.  The beets are past ready, and I need to plant more swiss chard and spinach, they are bolting, but I think I'll wait until it gets cooler.


Since today is Independence Day, Fireworks Day, Remember the Patriots Day, and Remember our Freedom Day, we are going to watch the country club fireworks from the deck tonight.  Probably under a blanket.  Not so much from the cold, but from bugs.  There aren't mosquitoes, it's been too dry, but the gnats are a pain.

Oops, I'm using onions, too, forgot them for the stirfry. 


No comments: