Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 24, 2012

I guess we are calling it spring even though it is pretty early.  I was debating taking more pictures of the same things I took last year, since my flower gardens look pretty much the same from year to year, at least at the beginning.  
Here is my celery 10 days after the picture in the previous post.  Celery seems to need lots of water so while we were gone for spring break I put it in water in this cool whip container. It sucked up about half of it, in a week. 


These were blooming when we got home, March 23rd.


The daffodils were blooming before we left, March 18. Last year these flowers were blooming mid-April.

My grape hyacinths are starting to take hold in the rocks.  These photos show where they are so I don't dig them up. 

I want to keep these here, too. 

I don't think I want these here by the table and chairs. 

We've been wanting to get some landscaping done around the shop for awhile, and I killed grass here last summer so we are ready to start.  I don't have much in here, and I'm waiting for inspiration before I plant more. I have Stella d'Oro lily, iris, a holly hock and some larkspur
(front and west of shop)

I'm just starting over here.  I planted a few things from seed.  I have a columbine, and some bush.
(front of shop)

No comments: