Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 14, 2012

Spring work has started so the second year of tracking my gardening has started also.  We have had a particularly warm dry winter and spring.  Today we had a high of 78 F, and no night freezing for several days. There is no wind today, which is very pleasant, but not the norm for the last week or more.

Over the last two days I've cleaned out the terrace gardens east of the house, yesterday with Zane's help, which took a LONG time to get much done.  As much today, in a half hour.  Yesterday I also swept up the patio of old leaves and corn husks and leaves, which I MUST do more often, I killed a centipede out there. (with a shovel, so he was a long way away from me, ewww.) I cleaned off the steps, too.  Now just to keep going.

I've got a hyacinth starting to bloom on the west side of the house, spring bulbs are up and going strong.

Jim bought a manure spreader at auction and the jack is broken, but he will use it as is to get compost on the garden.

No comments: