Monday, April 13, 2020

April 13, 2020

Saturday the 11th, was a beautiful, sunny, non-windy, almost hot day.  
Jim worked in the garden all day planting early vegetables, 
carrots, beets, peas, lettuce, spinach and potatoes. 
We need to remember it takes 5# of seed potatoes for one row.
We didn't get some of the varieties of seed we usually get, the seeds were well picked over by the time we bought ours. 
I spent my almost hour cleaning up and weeding my flower beds.  I work until I start getting tired and then take my cart full of vegetation to the compost pile. 
I also picked a lot of daffodils since a freezing cold snap was expected.
Today we woke up to a 17 degree morning.  
I haven't looked out to see what has survived.  
Here are some before photos.







My pile of daffys


And in pint jars.  My favorite flowers.



No comments: