Saturday, November 5, 2016

November 5, 2016

Gardening is over.  We had a killing frost, I'm guessing the 3rd week of October.  So the garden is finished and cleaned upish.  I just made all the tomatoes in the freezer into 48 pints of soup and about 12 quarts of juice.  I wish I had more juice.  I was tired of dealing with the peppers and tomatoes that I gave most of the rest away.  They were much appreciated.  I may wish I had them eventually, but I can only do so much!  I am baking butternut squash every few days, running it through the food mill and putting it in the freezer in 2 cup batches.  That is enough for pies, pumpkin bars and eating.
I cleaned up most of the flowers on the deck.  I plan to start completely over, and then I kept all the geraniums.  (roll eyes)
I had a tip I wanted to post so that it would remind me early in the season. I forgot what it was so I think I'll make something up.  

No comments: