Friday, July 24, 2015

July 24, 2015

Canning is keeping on.  I've made two more batches of relish with a total of 17 pints.  I've made 3 1/2 quarts of dills and 4 1/2 quarts of Caddie pickles.  Since my last post I made another batch of beet pickles ending up with the same amount.  I've been processing some of the summer squash into soup base for the freezer, putting some grated zucchini into the freezer and we are eating it every meal.  My beans are not setting on very quickly but I put a quart of them in the freezer and ate or gave away the rest.

The raccoons have gotten into our sweet corn, which we are also eating for every meal except breakfast.  Jim put up a three wire electric fence.

This is the dill we're using.  Think I've got a jar big enough?


with a yellow yardstick 

No comments: