Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

Our garden is beautiful this year.  Everything is green and full.  Jim has been able to keep the weeds under control.  We had rain and cooler weather at the right time in the spring, with no wild storms so nothing was broken.  The only mistake that was made was getting too much 2, 4-D on some of the corn and it isn't quite right.

We got our first beans today.  There are a couple of cups waiting to be eaten in the next couple of days.  I processed a 5-gallon bucket of squash into chunks for soup, slices for scramble, and grated for bread or fried zucchini patties.  I also made 3 qts. of dills today.  I'm going to put as much squash away as I can and the chickens will get what I can't use or give away.  It is so nice to see everything doing so well.  I haven't been able to get a decent crop of cukes for several years.

We've been eating onions right along also.

No comments: