Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013

The past couple of weeks, I've put up a few things.  This batch of bread and butter pickles, for one.



I've frozen 10 qts of beans.  We got 4 qts of our own grapes, and I made a batch of jelly and froze a pint of juice.  
I also made a batch of strawberry/raspberry jelly from last year's fruit from the freezer and bought peaches to make a batch of peach jam. The strazzberry is a hit.  1 cup raspberries and 5 cups strawberries.

I've been chopping what zucchini and summer squash I have to put in the freezer to put in soup.
Mom came this weekend with tomatoes from her garden and we made a huge batch of tomato soup, 23 1/2 pints. 
Today I've done 3 qts of beans for the freezer and have two 5 gallon buckets of huge cucumbers.  Do I give them to the chickens or make cinnamon pickles out of them?  
Stay tuned for further announcements.  

No comments: